Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a Materials Manager to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is a skilled and experienced leader able to effectively manage warehousing, shipping, receiving, and handling of materials and staff ensuring material needs are met throughout the organization.
The Materials Manager reports to the Administrative Director of Operations & Director of Distribution and Logistics/Supply Chain. This position supervises Storeroom Clerks, Buyer, Assistant Buyer/Data Analyst, Couriers, Records Retention, DME CPAP specialist, clinical specialists, Equipment Technicians, Bio-Medical Techs/Helpers, Administrative Assistants, and Billing staff.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Direct day-to-day operations of Materials Management, Records Retention, and Durable Medical Equipment ensuring accurate and timely provision of service as well as maintaining accreditation status.
- Manage all purchasing contracts/agreements through group purchasing organization and vendors including maintaining relationships with suppliers, track delivery metrics, price, and quality.
- Develop and implement department policies/procedures, goals, objectives, and strategic plan.
- Develop department operating budget; ensure department operates within budget.
- Assure compliance with federal & state law, compliance regulations, CMS, and accrediting/licensing agencies.
- Coordinate with hospital departments in contract review, contract negotiations, and equipment purchasing.
- Maintain effective working relationships hospital staff and referral sources to provide and meet the needs for all patients.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $67,891 – $95,492 annually based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short & long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—Marshfield will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Full-time Monday-Friday position generally working 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, or as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or an allied health field with coursework in logistics, economics, finance, business law and contract negotiation preferred. Specialty in Healthcare Management a bonus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in materials management, healthcare support services, or directly relevant field of work required.
- 2 years’ supervisory or leadership experience in a healthcare profession preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the competitive bidding process, contract negotiations, cost containment methods, analyzing financial reports, computerized inventory control systems, and process improvement methods required.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment preferred.
- Project management experience a bonus.
- Effective and tactful communication skills and ability to deal with conflict in a productive manner required.
- Proficiency with computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.