Title: Class A Mechanic
Company: Nylon Corporation of America (NYCOA)
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
NYCOA seeks a highly motivated Class A Mechanic to join their team in Manchester, New Hampshire. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment and possess excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Repair and maintain machinery equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and conveyor systems using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Follow directions in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Observe mechanical devices and locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts devices in control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Repair and replace defective parts and install special functional and structural parts in devices using hand tools and power tools.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Maintain functionality of equipment by lubricating, cleaning, and ordering new parts for machinery.
- Set up and operate a lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make/repair parts.
- Assist in the repair of electrical equipment.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: NYCOA puts great value in their Class A Mechanic position by offering a starting wage of $24.14 per hour with the opportunity for overtime. This is a represented position. NYCOA offers great work hours, an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and paid holidays.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 3:30 PM.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of experience is required.
- Able to withstand constant standing and reaching along with continuous bending, squatting, and walking, as well as frequent kneeling, climbing, sitting, and use of fine motor skills.
- Able to lift 55 pounds, frequently lift and carry 25 pounds, and work on ladders, staging, and other related equipment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, work well with others, and be a team player.
- Must use proper LO/TO procedures and wear PPE at all times.
- Must be qualified to wear a respirator without restriction.
APPLY ONLINE at nycoa.hirescore.com
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
About NYCOA: With over 50 years of specialty nylon polymerization and manufacturing experience, NYCOA is committed to providing world-class quality products, product development assistance, technical support, and superior service to each and every customer. NYCOA’s mission is to be the best in providing specialty Nylon solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Our team will create value through a commitment to quality, continuous improvement, customer focus, and innovation. Learn more at www.nycoa.com.
NYCOA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.