GS Engineering, a diverse, high-tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. This is a hybrid remote position offering a schedule that works part of the week in-office and the remainder from the comfort of your home. Applicants can expect a flexible work environment and opportunities for professional growth and development.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the technical development of mechanical designs and will provide a critical function within our team, developing solutions from concept through production. If you have a strong technical aptitude and flexibility to adapt to individual client needs, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $55,000 – $69,000 annual starting salary.
- Employee Stock Ownership.
- Health, dental and vision; health savings account; life and disability insurance.
- 401K retirement plan.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid holidays and paid vacation days.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Solve technical problems of moderate complexity within your area of expertise and work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Develop new/improved platforms including ground-up design, integration of systems, implementation of advanced technologies, and cost reduction.
- Design structures with focus on weight optimization.
- Obsolescence engineering and benchmarking.
- Analyze/interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Direct Designers in the development of 3D CAD models and 2D drawing packages; may be required to perform 3D and 2D CAD as needed.
- Compile reports and present information to project managers and clients.
- Work within project budgets as defined by project management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- Experience designing mechanical systems preferred.
- Experience in design of vehicular systems preferred.
- Experience with application and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing preferred.
- Experience with APQP process and tools (e.g. DFMEA, DVP&R, DFM, DFA) preferred.
- Enthusiasm for excellence and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and able to participate in obtaining a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel as needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at gsengineering.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.