Signature Research, Inc.
Signature Research, Inc. seeks an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their team in the Houghton, Michigan area.
The Mechanical Engineer position is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys challenging classified work with tremendous growth potential. This position supports and develops Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) programs in the evaluation of various technologies such as weapon system survivability, operational analysis and intelligence, and Search and Reconnaissance (ISR).
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Research new technologies and generate novel and forward-thinking ideas in the areas of signature management (Acoustic, Visual, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, LWIR & RF), Weapon System Survivability, Modeling and Simulation of advanced technologies, Operational Analysis, Military Utility Analysis, Threat System Exploitation or ISR Systems.
- Conduct requirement trade-off analyses, provide technical assessments, support design and fabrication prototype technologies, and conduct field evaluations/analyses of integrated survivability systems.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $75,000 – $90,000 annual starting salary based on your knowledge and experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Flexible work schedule.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s degree a bonus.
- 3 years’ experience working as a Mechanical or Research Engineer required. Areas of work could include Operational Analysis, Research & Development, Weapon System Survivability, Intelligence, and/or Search & Reconnaissance (ISR).
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics and mechanical design (ex: SolidWorks) preferred.
- Working knowledge of vehicle dynamics, heat transfer theory and applied applications helpful.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to confidently interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States, occasionally (10% – 20%).
- The successful applicant must either possess an active Department of Defense security clearance, or meet the requirements necessary to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability to work in-office in the Houghton, Michigan area is required. If not in the immediate area, one must be willing to relocate to the Houghton, Michigan region, or surrounding area of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at signatureresearch.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.