Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a full-time Medical Assistant (MA) to join their Orthopedics team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position works under the direction of physicians and mid-level providers to provide exceptional care to patients as we strive to become an employer of choice and the premier healthcare provider in the region.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Take medical histories, explain treatment procedures to patients, prepare patients for examinations.
- Assist physician during examinations.
- Collect and prepare lab specimens; draw blood; perform basic lab tests.
- Instruct patients about medication and special diets.
- Prepare and administer medications (intramuscular, intradermal and subcutaneous injections) including vaccinations/immunizations as directed by physician or licensed provider.
- Transmit prescription refills.
- Take electrocardiograms.
- Perform wound care and dressing changes.
- Maintain professionalism with staff, patients, and care providers at all times.
- Greet and welcome patients; answer phones.
- Use computers and electronic medical records for data entry, patient information, etc.
- Code and fill out insurance forms.
- Schedule appointments; arrange for hospital admissions and lab services.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $16.50 – $21.43 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), then you qualify for full-time benefits.
- Full-time Monday-Friday position (no weekends) with start times between 8am-8:30am, or as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program, or on-the-job clinical experience required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification with AED instruction or ability to obtain within 2 months if hired for this position.
- Previous clinic, office or outpatient nursing experience preferred.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize tasks, and float to other clinics if needed.
- Ability to work irregular hours on occasion, if needed.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.