Website Marathon Petroleum Company
Title: Millwright/Manufacturing Mechanic
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company
Location: Dickinson Renewable Diesel Facility, Dickinson, ND
The Marathon Dickinson Renewable Diesel Facility is currently seeking a full-time Millwright/Manufacturing Mechanic to join our team. This position is responsible for ensuring the safe and reliable operation of mechanical equipment in the refinery. Millwright/Manufacturing Mechanics install, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various types of rotating mechanical equipment in the refinery. This position reports to the Maintenance Foreman.
- Install, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various types of rotating mechanical refinery equipment including but not limited to compressors, pumps, blowers, condensers, fans, cooling towers, exchangers, etc.
- Provide project coordination, as required, when projects requiring a small crew are in progress at refinery.
- Help train company personnel in the operation and maintenance of various types of mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for waste management activities including removing, handling, labeling, and storage of hazardous materials. Conduct sampling of hazardous waste. Complete initial, annual, and re-fresher training as required by Waste Management Plan.
- Respond to upsets involving hazardous waste and complete initial, annual, and re-fresher training identified in the DKR Emergency Response Plan.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and control problems on refinery equipment to minimize downtime, maximize reliability and assure compliance.
- Communicate corrective actions and recommendations concerning emissions, controls and maintenance issues to department and environmental staff as required.
- Be an active part of a culture that promotes ethical practices and legal compliance, encourages customer service, individual integrity, safety, teamwork, and employee innovation and accountability.
- Perform any special tasks that may be assigned which will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent manufacturing mechanical experience.
- Minimum of two years of refinery mechanical (or similar process plant) experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in the use of computerized maintenance software systems and understanding of Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) manuals.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of communicating within all levels of the organization.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime for various plant emergencies or outages as needed to ensure continuous safe and environmentally compliant plant production.
- Must be willing to climb ladders, work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must be willing to operate various types of equipment to support assigned job tasks, including not limited to cranes, aerial lifts, forklifts, etc.
- Must be able to acquire knowledge and become an expert and teacher of that knowledge.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Access, and Excel
- Experience working with rotating mechanical refinery equipment preferred.
SCHEDULE: Technicians typically work a 10-hour shift, 4 days a week, and must be available for overtime.
Millwright/Manufacturing Mechanics work in a safety-sensitive environment and must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug/alcohol and medical screenings, and a background check. To ensure safe operations, new hires must also successfully complete maintenance qualification training and participate in random drug and alcohol screenings.
Competitive pay and benefits package. This is a non-represented position. The starting wage is $40.07 per hour.
Apply online at marathon.hirescore.com
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
About Marathon’s Dickinson Renewable Fuel Facility – located in Dickinson, ND this plant is the second-largest renewable diesel production facility in the US and has a production capacity of approximately 184 million gallons per year. This comes after a large project, completed in 2020, that converted the previous fossil fuel refinery to allow processing of 100% renewable diesel refined from soy oil and other organically derived feedstocks to support the California markets.
Learn more at https://www.marathonpetroleum.com/
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.