Upper Peninsula Power Company (UPPCO)
UPPCO seeks an Operations Supervisor to join their Distribution team in Ishpeming, Michigan.
This position requires thorough knowledge of electricity as you will provide leadership, technical insight and coordination for the distribution line department on regional and multi-site projects. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Coordinate and prioritize work assignments for crews by working collaboratively with other departments (i.e., substation, metering, design, contractors, etc.).
- Provide technical support to direct reports and other departments that includes implementing safety rules, work methods/procedures, and holding monthly safety meetings.
- Provide insight/participate in designing electrical systems for customers and large capital projects.
- Coach, lead, and guide staff in resolving work group and union contract issues.
- Work as storm coordinator during major and minor events.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Encourage continuous process improvement.
- Interact with stakeholders and assist with resolving customer complaints.
- Enter service orders and initiate purchase requisitions.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Highly competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Relocation assistance available.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a technical role in the electric utility industry required; preference given to those with Lead Journeyman Lineworker or Electrician status or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 or more years’ experience coordinating and managing projects or work assignments required.
- 1 or more years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory position.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Professionalism that includes strong communication skills and ability to handle fast-paced and stressful situations.
- A leadership style that motivates, teaches, inspires and builds lasting relationships.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel, as needed, required.
- Must reside within 30 minutes normal drive time of UPPCO’s Ishpeming, Michigan Service Center.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at uppco.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.