Website Innovate Marquette
Innovate Marquette (IMQT) is searching for a successful and enthusiastic Operations Coordinator to join their team in Marquette, MI. As an Operations Coordinator, you will support all facets of IMQT, Invent@NMU, and Lake Superior Community Partnership (LSCP) operations. This position will provide operations support to executives and assist in day-to-day business operations.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and passionate.
The work location for this role will rotate between the IMQT and LSCP offices in Marquette as needed.
- Provide confidential secretarial and administrative support for the principal executive or executives, including managing schedules, facilitating meetings, assisting with travel arrangements, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting and directing visitors.
- Maintain safety and security of the IMQT and LSCP offices by checking visitors in and out and managing administrative concerns and inquiries as appropriate.
- Assist with day-to-day office operations, including managing incoming and outgoing mail, answering calls and emails, managing inventory, etc.
- Partner with the Attractions Team from IMQT and the Marketing Team at LSCP to assist in operational aspects of events and promotions.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS Innovate Marquette puts great value in the Operations Coordinator position by offering a salary of $18 – $20 per hour commensurate with knowledge and experience.
SCHEDULE This is a full-time position generally working 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. Occasional work outside of the listed hours may be required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working within a non-profit organization preferred.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, accountable, and detail orientated.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other office software and able to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced customer facing role.
- Impeccable writing and verbal communication skills.
- Deeply committed to aligning our operational practices to our values, especially around diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
APPLY ONLINE at innovatemarquette.hirescore.com
ABOUT Innovation Marquette Enterprise Corporation, doing business as (dba), Innovate Marquette (IMQT) is a private nonprofit 501(c)3. It exists as a service provider to the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) to transform our community into a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, complete with the necessary resources, technology, capital, and array of opportunities to support local tech-enabled startups, new business ventures, and existing businesses. Additionally, IMQT works to attract and retain scalable technology companies and startups to the Marquette area in order to create higher-paying jobs and increased opportunities for the community as a whole.
The Lake Superior Community Partnership (LSCP) is a 501c6 private-public partnership dedicated to fostering a vibrant local and regional economy for businesses and communities of all sizes, industries, and stages. The LSCP’s impact ranges from business networking events and a long-running leadership academy to conducting economic impact studies, community development support, and connecting our area with state and federal resources. Entering its 26th year, the LSCP is at an exciting time in its history as it expands on-the-ground support via a West End Economic Hub (Marquette County) and the Central Upper Peninsula Small Business Support Hub (covering 7 counties).
Both IMQT and LSCP are equal opportunity employers dedicated to employing those who are honest, hard-working, respectful, and responsible in order to provide quality and ensure smooth operation of the companies. This position will be employed directly by IMQT but spend 50% of its time with the LSCP. All members of the IMQT team will provide leadership and collaboration to extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy & orientation), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We aim to ensure an environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.