Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson
The Marshfield Clinic Health System (DCHS) seeks a part-time Patient Flow Enhancer to join their Medical, Surgical, Pediatrics and Infusion team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This position assists with care of patients while in our facility including such tasks as cleaning, stocking, patient transport, quality improvement, assisting patients and families with comfort needs, patient specimen collection, blood sugar monitors, data entry and customer service.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Conduct hourly rounds.
- Bring incoming patients to their room, prepare them for meals when needed, ensures side rails are up, call light is within reach, and room is orderly.
- Technical patient care (bathe, feed, transport and assist in ambulating patients; assist in obtaining weights via bed scale, sling scale or standing scale; collect vital signs, I&Os, specimens); report any/all concerns to RN.
- Maintain professionalism and effective communication with hospital staff, care teams, patients and their families (progress updates, reasons for delay, guest directions/information, offer beverages, respond to patient call lights).
- Monitor and restock supplies/forms needed for patient care (i.e., restock patient rooms and procedure carts).
- Data entry into electronic medical record (patient vitals, etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Starting pay of $14.00 – $17.63 per hour based on experience.
- Health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), then you qualify for full-time benefits. Part-time positions earn benefits if working 16+ hours per week (or 32+ hours in a two week pay period).
WORK SCHEDULE. This is a part-time position with shifts generally 5am-5pm, 7am-7pm, or as assigned, and includes participating in the weekend rotation schedule.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Michigan CNA certification, or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting such as hospital or nursing home preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a compassionate, kind, empathetic and honest demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients, families, caregivers, and team members.
- Proficiency with computers and word processing with ability to record accurate data.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.