Upper Peninsula Power Company (UPPCO)
UPPCO seeks an entry level Associate Generation Project Engineer to join their team in Ishpeming, Michigan.
This position will be involved in planning, organizing, and coordinating engineering and construction activities for hydroelectric generation projects including assisting with developing project scope documents, cost estimates, budgets, and schedules; technical reviews and engineering/construction packages supporting regulatory compliance; multidisciplinary projects requiring technical review of material outside their discipline, depending on the scope of the project; support generation field groups and serve as a technical resource for generation operations, dam safety and other departments as needed. This position will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Chief Dam Safety Engineer/Generation Manager.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Highly competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Relocation assistance, if needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Assist with development of project scope and cost estimates.
- Assist with improvement of project and facility records/documentation.
- Assist with technical reviews of engineering analysis and design documents.
- Assist with development of engineering and construction project bid packages.
- Support scheduling and facilitation of project pre-construction, pre-bid, and other necessary meetings with contractors, UPPCO personnel, engineering and associated necessary personnel.
- Assist with development of cost/benefit analysis reports associated with projects.
- Support and assist with facility inspections for dam safety including confined space and working from heights, environmental and construction project oversight, and monitoring.
- Assist with monitoring projects during engineering and construction to ensure changes to scope, estimate and schedule are understood, controlled, and documented.
- Support development of regulatory required analysis and project submittals.
- Assist with interactions between operations, consultants and contractors.
- Assist with developing the best value project ensuring UPPCO’s best interests are provided for by consultants and contractors.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Geotechnical) required.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, or have the ability to pass within 12 months if hired for this position.
- 1 or more years’ experience as an Engineering Co-op or Intern preferred.
- 1 or more years’ experience with data collection/analysis and engineering/technical document development and review preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel, as needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at uppco.hirescore.com
UPPCO is a private, equity-owned, regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.