Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a Manager of Inpatient & Outpatient Pharmacy Services to join their team of healthcare professionals in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is a knowledgeable leader who is versed in pharmacy protocol. This position directs the overall day-to-day operations of inpatient and outpatient pharmacy and assures compliance with all hospital, local, state and federal regulatory standards. The Manager provides patient-specific drug use control services that strive to achieve optimal drug use outcomes. Services provided shall compliment the hospital’s mission of always promoting safe, effective, rational and cost-effective use of medications. The Manager continually assesses practices and procedures for quality improvement opportunities.
This position supervises Staff Pharmacists, Technicians, 340B Coordinator, and all individuals licensed and/or authorized by the hospital to administer medications. This position reports to the Pharmacy Core Line Administrator.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $136,448 – $191,942 annually based on experience.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance; prescription drug coverage; short/long-term disability.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—Marshfield will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Position generally works Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, or as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Assist preparing Pharmacy Services operating and staffing budget (review FTEs, financial/productivity data, make adjustments to adhere to budget).
- Oversee day-to-day operations of inpatient and outpatient pharmacy department to assure accurate and timely provision of services, timely third-party reimbursement, charging and billing, and manage daily inventory and ordering.
- Become familiar with, follow, and enforce department and hospital-wide policies and procedures with specific focus on medication use policies/procedures and compliance with Federal and State rules/regulations.
- Establish & maintain department policy/procedures, goals & objectives, performance improvement, safety, environmental & infection control standards, and assures staff compliance.
- Continuously evaluate the drug use system to identify improvement opportunities; promote cost effective patient-specific medication use to enhance an optimal therapeutic outcome.
- Monitor patient drug therapy for such concerns as drug interactions, duplicate therapy, allergies, contraindications, etc.; when appropriate, intervene to optimize care.
- Assure the department is adequately staffed with competent personnel including hiring, training, evaluation, corrective action, and termination, as necessary.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy required.
- Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Michigan, or licensure eligible in Michigan required.
- 2 or more years of hospital pharmacy experience required.
- Possess a strong supervisory aptitude with a proven track record of success in managing daily operations, tracking performance, and process improvement.
- Knowledge of third-party reimbursement, charging and billing processes necessary.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and staff simultaneously and with fairness.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.