Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join Ashland, ISP Technologies, Inc. business at our Texas City, TX plant. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Operations function. This position will report to the Manager of Batch Operations Processes.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with the Batch Operations Manager, Packaging Supervisor, and other plant support personnel to package co-polymer, solvent, and powder products for our customers.
- Performs product packaging and drumming activities for all co-polymer, solvent and powder products ensuring that customer specifications are met or exceeded.
- Loads full containers that are ready for shipment into box vans.
- Prepares all containers for staging and labeling.
- Takes samples or re-samples of powder, solvents and co-polymers as required to ensure product quality.
- Hooks up tank wagons and tank cars for solvent drumming.
- Removes and stages empty containers from box vans.
- Cleans up powder rooms, drumming lines and warehouse areas.
- Prepares all drumming equipment for maintenance as may be required.
- Complies with all plant safety rules and reports all incidents and events to immediate supervision for corrective action.
- Attends all departmental safety meetings, actively supports, and participates in safety programs and implementations.
- Complies with all Ashland plant policies, procedures, and practices applicable to the Production Department.
- Participates in various company and regulatory training designed to improve plant processes and/or increase unit production.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in a plant environment is preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A high level of mechanical aptitude, be an effective communicator, possess basic computer competencies, and be capable and willing to work rotating shift, holidays, and overtime, as may be required.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Possess ability to remain calm during site emergencies and respond appropriately as directed by the Site Emergency Director.
- Capable of evacuating the manufacturing process areas in a timely manner should an emergency arise.
- Be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment to work or visit within the manufacturing process area including hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel toed shoes or other equipment as required by the work performed and location where the work is performed.
Other physical requirements for this position include:
- Walking, bending, reaching, and climbing to perform basic duties.
- Bending and stooping while checking pumps, valves, motors, etc.
- Moving pallets of containers with hand truck.
- Filling, shoving, and sealing containers of co-polymer and solvents up to 550 lbs. each.
- Climbing on and off a tow motor.
- Maneuvering and rolling up to 550 lb. containers.
- Climbing tank wagon loading rack and onto tank wagons maneuvering fill hose while loading wagons.
- Climbing storage tanks, checking for problems, and getting equipment ready for maintenance.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
APPLY ONLINE at https://isp.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.