Laser North, Inc., a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, seeks an entry level Technical Programming Assistant to join their team in Baraga, Michigan.
This position supports various technical levels of the business ensuring customer specifications are met and technical part files are ready for production. If you are someone eager to learn, willing to be trained in a manufacturing environment, and have an exceptional work ethic, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $16 – $22 per hour based on skills and experience.
- Weekly paycheck.
- Medical, prescription drug, and dental insurance.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, personal days).
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Skills and safety training.
- Company-provided apparel.
- Safe work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Gather information about products and client needs, objectives, features, and requirements.
- Organize customer drawings/designs to conform to company requirements and specifications.
- Proof designs for potential errors.
- Convert 2D or 3D CAD files to necessary file formats for production.
- Create, control, and support CAD files, shop drawings, and supporting documentation.
- Assist with nesting and programming parts for daily production.
- Maintain customer design revisions to ensure proper part manufacturing.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Self-motivation and excellent work ethic required.
- CAD experience preferred, but not required. If you have no fear of technology, we will train you.
- Strong communication, time management, and attention to detail required.
- Ability to learn, read and understand prints and instructions.
- Possess strong attention to detail and ability to solve problems.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Ability to follow business rules and guidelines; safe work practices and lifting techniques.
Sound like you? Take the next step and apply online at lasernorth.hirescore.com
Laser North is the very image of The American Business—intertwining innovation and technology, with hard working, competent and motivated employees. The company is a competitive and responsive manufacturing business which enjoys rising to meet a challenge and constantly strives to offer customers exemplary service. Company success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of their employees, and they understand the importance of maintaining a personal relationship with each valued employee. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, working with your hands, and being a valued member of a motivated team, we want to hear from you.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.