Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a full-time Physical Therapist to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Maintain highest level of Physical Therapy standards, HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines while safely and effectively performing evaluations and determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription, on residents and/or outpatients.
- Carry out physical therapy and treatment plans and oversee Physical Therapist Assistants/Aides in providing care to residents and/or outpatients.
- Educate resident, patient, family and/or caregiver in planning objectives and therapy goals.
- Demonstrate or train resident/patient and nursing staff in use of medical equipment involved in rehab process.
- Complete discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care workers including, but not limited to, continuation of therapeutic plan, restorative programs, home exercise programs, recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs, and equipment recommendations.
- Transport residents to and from therapy as needed.
- Maintain treatment records, charges, resident files, and progress notes as required.
- Assure therapy area, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, safe manner for resident comfort and convenience.
- Participate in quality assurance programs, safety committees, meetings, community-based activities, in-service education, orientation classes for new hires, surveys and inspections, as required.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Starting wage of $79,000 – $87,500 annually based on knowledge and experience.
- $5,000 sign-on bonus ($2,500 paid at 6 months and $2,500 paid at 1 year).
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance.
- Generous retirement plan.
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, personal days, and paid holidays.
- Uniform allowance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed.
- Previous experience performing physical therapy in a rehabilitation setting preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers, residents and patients.
- Proficient with basic computer skills including word processing and online communication.
- Willingness and ability to attend/participate in on-the-job training, continuing education classes, and seek out new methods/principles to keep current with changes in healthcare field as well as maintain professional status.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset individuals; bending, lifting, pushing or pulling a minimum of 50 pounds.
- This position is in a long-term care facility, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This position is a salary exempt position, generally 5 days per week with days and hours as assigned. Rotating weekends may be required. Willingness to work more than the normal hours or days when necessary.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.