Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a full-time Physical Therapist Assistant to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Maintain highest level of physical therapy standards, HIPAA, and confidentiality guidelines while safely and effectively performing treatment plan and screens on residents and/or outpatients as directed and supervised by the Physical Therapist and Director of Rehab.
- Observe, record, and report to Physical Therapist conditions, reactions and responses of resident and/or outpatients.
- Educate the resident, family, caregiver, or others in carrying out appropriate nonskilled interventions.
- Consult with staff, families, and resident on therapy progress.
- Transport residents to and from rehab department when necessary.
- Flexibility to provide services at multiple sites and perform home visits as needed based on patient need.
- Maintain treatment records, resident files, treatment charges, and progress notes.
- Assure therapy area, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, safe manner for resident comfort and convenience.
- Participate in rehab student/volunteer education, in-service education, community-based wellness activities, meetings, surveys, and inspections as required.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $25.00 – $27.00 per hour starting pay.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; generous retirement plan.
- Paid vacation and paid holidays.
- Uniform allowance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Graduate of an APTA accredited school and licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the State of Michigan required.
- Experience performing physical therapy in a hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility setting helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers, residents and patients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset individuals; bending, lifting, pushing or pulling a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness and ability to attend/participate in continuing education classes to keep with current changes in healthcare field as well as maintain professional status.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.