Website Bradford Industries
Bradford Industries seeks a bright, creative, & professional R&D Chemist to join their team in Lowell, MA. The R&D Coatings Chemist will develop lab prototypes of new products and be instrumental in scaling them up to production.
If you are a highly motivated, self-starting individual who enjoys problem solving, this is the position for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with customers regarding assigned projects.
- Maintain data/information including charts and tables for communication of project results/details.
- Provide technical input to develop new coating formulations, products and associated work instructions.
- Set-up and supervision of plant trials.
- Develop new products under specified cost constraints and efficiently communicate costing information to the finance department.
- Provide cross-functional support to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Source and qualify new raw materials used in both current production and new products.
SALARY Bradford Industries puts great value in the R&D Chemist position by offering a competitive salary commensurate with knowledge and experience.
BENEFITS Bradford Industries offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Bachelors in Organic/Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent required.
- 5 to 15 years of related experience preferred – but new graduates will be considered.
- Comfortable and able to work safely in a laboratory environment.
- Able to safely handle hazardous chemicals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours on occasion.
- Knowledge of vinyl plastisol, urethane, and silicone chemistry and formulation preferred.
- Familiarity with the coating, casting, and converting processes preferred.
- Analytical testing experience or understanding preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Access preferred.
About Bradford: Bradford Shawsheen Coating Technologies (BSCT) is the integration of Shawsheen Coating and Converting from Andover, MA., with Bradford Industries of Lowell, MA. Bradford Industries is one of North America’s leading polymer coaters, applying creative solutions of high value performance polymer coated fabrics to their customers in the Automotive, RV, Trucking, Marine, Contract Furniture and Industrial marketplace. Learn more at bsct.us
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.