Website Nylon Corporation of America (NYCOA)
NYCOA seeks an R&D Engineer to join their team in Manchester, New Hampshire. This position works with Business Development, Operations, and Quality departments to develop new products and market opportunities.
The ideal R&D Engineer will possess plastics compounding experience including nylon-based materials, relevant exposure to end-use applications, and a background of working on product and process development with engineered plastics.
- Develop new compounded products to support our business development team.
- Perform lab-scale and pilot-level production of engineered specialty nylons.
- Perform polymer compounding and processing trials as needed (injection molding, film extrusion, rotational molding, etc.)
- Analyze physical properties of developmental materials using techniques such as rheology, DSC, and mechanical testing.
- Specify new equipment, develop procedures, and troubleshoot equipment.
- 10-20% travel to customer/vendor locations.
- 3+ years of experience in plastics manufacturing or compounding, nylon experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics/Polymer Science/Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry OR equivalent level of relevant experience required.
- Experience in plastics compounding required, including:
- Single and twin-screw extrusion.
- Modifying plastics using different additive packages (e.g. plasticizers, fiberglass, carbon fiber, etc)
- Experience with materials analysis & testing preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working in a chemical/manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, computer, written & oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel 10% – 20%.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: NYCOA puts great value in the R&D Engineer position by offering a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
APPLY ONLINE at www.nycoa.hirescore.com
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
About NYCOA: With over 50 years of specialty nylon polymerization and manufacturing experience, NYCOA is committed to providing world-class quality products, product development assistance, technical support, and superior service to each and every customer. NYCOA’s mission is to be the best in providing specialty Nylon solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Our team will create value through a commitment to quality, continuous improvement, customer focus and innovation. Come join our team!
NYCOA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.