Shawsheen seeks a professional R&D Lab Technician to join their team in Andover, MA (some travel to the facility in Lowell may be needed as well). The R&D Lab Technician will assist in producing lab samples and develop prototypes of new products and be instrumental in scaling them up to production.
If you are a highly motivated, self-starting individual who enjoys problem solving, this is the position for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run and maintain R&D pilot equipment.
- Produce lab samples and carry out testing of products.
- Develop lab prototypes and advance them up to production standards.
- Communicate with R&D Chemists regarding assigned projects.
- Maintain data/information including charts and tables for communication of project results/details.
- Provide technical input to develop new coating formulations, products and associated work instructions.
- Set-up and disassemble of lab equipment.
- Develop and create lab prototypes under Chemist instructions.
- Provide cross-functional support to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY Shawsheen puts great value in the R&D Lab Technician position by offering a competitive salary commensurate with knowledge and experience.
BENEFITS Shawsheen offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years of related lab experience preferred.
- Experience in chemistry or polymer processing preferred.
- Comfortable and able to work safely in a laboratory environment.
- Familiarity and ability to safely handle hazardous chemicals and carry out lab procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours on occasion.
APPLY ONLINE. Click “Apply Now”.
About Shawsheen: Bradford Shawsheen Coating Technologies (BSCT) is the integration of Shawsheen Coating and Converting from Andover, MA., with Bradford Industries of Lowell, MA. Shawsheen Coating & Converting has earned the respect of its customers as a reliable provider and an innovative source for solving tough application problems using solvent and water-based adhesive formulations, including applications of custom adhesive formulations to textiles, papers, and tapes, as well as converting vinyl coated cloth into shoe binding materials. Learn more at bsct.us
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.