ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks highly motivated, technically driven Engineering students to join their team as Software Development Interns in your choice of Calumet or Novi, Michigan. The Intern position will begin in 2023 and will be based on the successful candidates’ school schedule.
Working in TAI’s creative, fast paced and technically challenging environment totally immerses you in leading edge software development processes as you build features alongside experienced programmers. You will learn to rapidly deliver software products across several platforms and gain invaluable experience as a member of our collaborative, geographically distributed development team.
As a development team member, your daily job activities will be as dynamic as every full-time software developer. TAI’s agile culture allows us to respond to changing business needs and user requirements and will expose you to all of areas of software development and production during your time on our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Write and test code – unit, functional and integration with a focus on C++.
- Gather feature requirements through conversations with users or their proxies.
- Design software architecture – responsibilities/relations/interfaces for classes and modules.
- Design user interfaces – both graphical and command line.
- Pair programming to write, test, debug and refactor code.
- Build and integrate graphical user interfaces.
- Interact with customers to demonstrate features and obtain direct feedback.
- Port code to Linux and Windows platforms.
- Write and execute QA tests – both regression and installation.
- Create and implement tools to automate processes.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $22.00 per hour.
- A culture of intellectual excitement working with leading edge technology.
- Pro-rated holiday pay and access to the company Employee Assistance Program.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKIING FOR.
- Software development experience in a Linux environment.
- Computer programming and/or scripting experience (C++ preferred).
- Experience working in a team/collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and intellectual curiosity.
- Interpersonal communication skills – both verbal and written.
BONUS QUALIFICATIONS THAT PUT YOU OVER THE TOP.
- Experience working in a command line development environment.
- Experience debugging code using one or more tools (gdb, ddd, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Experience writing test code at some level (unit, functional, integration).
- Experience using agile development practices.
- Background in physics, engineering or mechanical simulation tools.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at tai.hirescore.com
ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VISIT US AT CAREER FAIR. September 21, 2022 at Michigan Technological University. Learn more at mtu.edu/career/events/career-fair/fair/.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.