Website Schneider, Larche, Haapala & Co.
Schneider, Larche, Haapala & Co PLLC (SLH), a leading audit, tax, and advisory firm, seeks an experienced Senior Auditor/Tax Associate (CPA) to join their team in Escanaba, MI. This position offers opportunities to grow with the firm while enjoying an excellent work/life balance in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
As a Senior Auditor/Tax Associate (CPA), you will work with clients in diverse industries managing audit engagements and providing tax preparation and compliance, business solutions, and advisory services.
- Planning, executing, directing, and completing audit engagements, including:
- Supervising and mentoring engagement teams.
- Managing time budget.
- Understanding client operations and processes and working with client management to identify and resolve client issues/problems.
- Preparing income tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships including preparation of supporting tax working papers.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
- Researching accounting, audit, tax and regulatory-related issues and presenting solutions.
- Keeping current on accounting/audit/tax/ regulatory developments.
- Other duties as necessary.*
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS SLH offers a desirable compensation and benefits program including offering a competitive starting salary. Benefits offered include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal days.
- Participation in SIMPLE plan.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Technology-oriented working environment.
SLH offers outstanding opportunities for career growth and professional development through individual mentoring, working in team environments, top-notch CPE and training opportunities, and personal development opportunities. SLH is committed to ongoing professional and personal development.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 3 or more years’ public accounting experience required.
- Current CPA license required.
- Proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Strong accounting and tax technical skillset.
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
- Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks, Accounting CS, UltraTax) is a plus.
- Proficient experience with Excel and Word is a plus.
INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Apply online at slh-cpa.hirescore.com
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT SCHNEIDER, LARCHE, HAAPALA & COMPANY PLLC (SLH) SLH is a local firm located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We offer a variety of tax, audit accounting, advisory and consulting services to a diverse client base including private companies in financial services, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and service professions, governmental agencies, non-profits, and employee benefit plans.
MISSION: To help clients maintain financial viability in the present while taking a proactive approach to achieve future goals.
Employees of SLH take pride in knowing they are working toward a bigger goal of easing their clients’ financial burdens and making their lives better. We work together as a company to have a positive impact on our clients every day and to view life in a positive, upbeat manner.
Learn more at slh-cpa.com
*This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.