Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a Social Worker to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan. This position maximizes the well-being and quality of life for residents of the facility by monitoring and assessing psychological and psychosocial needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Provide psychosocial and cognitive assessments, depression screens, behavioral interventions, and support which includes new admissions, care plans, discharge planning, and reviews.
- Facilitate meetings with diversional therapy, record and distribute meeting minutes, and submit concerns to appropriate department heads.
- Make referrals to appropriate resources as needed.
- Order durable medical equipment needed to facilitate a safe transition to home.
- Review resident psychoactive medications, participate in multidisciplinary drug reviews, communicate with interdisciplinary team and physicians regarding effectiveness of psychotropic medications.
- Coordinate/facilitate comfort care meetings for residents who have progressed to the end of their life.
- Assess and assist residents/families in completing/activating Health Care Durable Power of Attorney.
- Attend guardianship hearings or other court hearings as needed to support resident’s best interest.
- Facilitate resident transfers to other facilities and/or room changes within the facility as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Starting wage of $23.00 – $26.00 per hour based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance.
- Generous retirement plan.
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, and personal days.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required.
- Licensed Social Worker in the State of Michigan required.
- Healthcare and/or skilled nursing home experience a bonus.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst peers and residents.
- This position is in a long-term care facility, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This full-time position generally works Monday-Friday during normal business hours. Willingness to work overtime, weekends, alternate shifts, holidays, and/or during inclement weather is required on an as needed basis.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.