Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a Social Worker to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
This position provides assessment and psychosocial support to residents, families and caregivers, collaboratively working toward preserving and enhancing the physical and social functioning of residents.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SOCIAL WORKER.
- Provide psychosocial and cognitive assessments, depression screens, behavioral interventions, and support which includes new admissions, care plans, discharge planning, and reviews.
- Facilitate meetings with diversional therapy, record and distribute meeting minutes, and submit concerns to appropriate department heads.
- Make referrals to appropriate resources as needed.
- Order durable medical equipment needed to facilitate a safe transition to home.
- Review resident psychoactive medications, participate in multidisciplinary drug reviews, communicate with interdisciplinary team and physicians regarding effectiveness of psychotropic medications.
- Coordinate/facilitate comfort care meetings for residents who have progressed to the end of their life.
- Assess/provide assistance in completing/activating Health Care Durable Power of Attorney.
- Attend guardianship hearings or other court hearings as needed to support resident’s best interest.
- Facilitates resident transfers to other facilities and/or room changes within the facility as needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $22.75 per hour with pay increases at 6 months and 1 year. In addition, the ICMCF offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays, personal days), short-term disability and life insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required.
- Current Certification in Social Work by the State of Michigan required.
- Healthcare and/or skilled nursing home experience a bonus.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst peers and residents.
- This position is in a long-term care facility, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This full-time position generally works Monday-Friday during normal business hours. Willingness to work overtime, weekends, alternate shifts, holidays, and/or during inclement weather is required on an as needed basis.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
The ICMCF is a 200 bed, county-owned, skilled nursing and medical care facility. Learn more at ironcountymcf.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.