Do you want to make a difference where you work? How would you like to design, build and lead our best-in-class CAE and CFD software initiatives? ThermoAnalytics, Inc., a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks experienced Senior Software Engineers to join the team either remotely (from anywhere in the U.S.) or hybrid remotely (choice of Calumet or Novi, Michigan).
As a senior member of our development team, you play a key role in designing, building, and leading the product development of our best-in-class computer aided engineering (CAE) and computational fluid design (CFD) simulation software. If you have a passion for coding, a desire to work with others that share your passion, and the desire to work on a team that covers the gamut from GUI design to solving physics problems to next generation platforms like CUDA or OpenCL, ThermoAnalytics has a place for you.
At ThermoAnalytics, we pride ourselves on a family-oriented culture, focus on total well-being of each employee, and sustaining a healthy work-life balance. These are not just buzzwords for us, but a core part of our company shaped by our beginning as a rural, cutting-edge Midwest technology company.
We have a culture of ownership. We are an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company and employees are key stakeholders. ThermoAnalytics is also an open-book company—staff are made aware of the company’s financial and performance statuses at monthly meetings and are asked for input as we look to improve.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $100,000 – $130,000 annual starting pay based on your knowledge and experience.
- Flexible work environment.
- Extensive total benefit package and employee stock ownership.
- Relocation assistance, if needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Design, write, test and debug code; refactor code as needed.
- Design, prototype & implement physics-based algorithms, user-interfaces, application infrastructure, or software test processes.
- Design and implement test cases to verify algorithm quality, code quality, or software usability.
- Periodically assess software development process and implement improvements.
- Participate as mentor and student in pair programming sessions; provide input during team activities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in a software programming field and 3 years’ experience in software development required, or 5 years of software development experience can substitute for a degree.
- Experience and proficiency designing, implementing, debugging and testing computer code (C++ preferred).
- Knowledge of software engineering practices relative to the full software development cycle (modern source control such as Subversion/Git, build and packaging, unit/system/integration testing).
- Ability to effectively communicate technically complex information to others.
- Ability to collaborate well with technical and non-technical staff members.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check.
BONUS QUALIFICATIONS THAT PUT YOU OVER THE TOP.
- 3+ years direct experience in one or more of these technical areas: Computational Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer/Thermal Analysis, Electro-Optic Sensor Modeling, Numerical Methods, High-performance Computing, Scientific Visualization.
- Knowledge/experience with computer aided engineering (CAE) a plus.
- Practical experience with CUDA or OpenCL.
COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US! Take the next step and apply online at tai.hirescore.com
ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.