Do you want to make a difference where you work? How would you like to design, build and lead our best-in-class CAE and CFD software initiatives? ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks experienced Software Test Engineers to join their team either remotely (from anywhere in the U.S.) or hybrid remotely (choice of Calumet or Novi, Michigan; 2-3 days in-office each week).
As a member of our development team, you will play a key role in designing, building, and leading the product development of our best-in-class computer aided engineering (CAE) and computational fluid design (CFD) simulation software. If you have a passion for testing code, a desire to work with others that share your passion, and the desire to work on a team that covers the gamut from GUI design to solving physics problems to next generation platforms like CUDA or OpenCL, ThermoAnalytics has a place for you!
At ThermoAnalytics, we pride ourselves on a family-oriented culture, focus on total well-being of each employee, and sustaining a healthy work-life balance. These are not just buzzwords for us, but a core part of our company shaped by our beginning as a rural, cutting-edge Midwest technology company.
We have a culture of ownership. We are an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company and employees are key stakeholders. ThermoAnalytics is also an open-book company—staff are made aware of the company’s financial and performance statuses at monthly meetings and are asked for input as we look to improve.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $75,000 – $85,000 annual starting pay based on your knowledge and experience.
- Flexible work environment.
- Extensive total benefit package and employee stock ownership.
- Relocation assistance, if needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Build and maintain testing processes and tools on both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Create and implement tools to automate the testing process.
- Write and execute user level tests – acceptance, exploratory, UI, performance, stress.
- Gather test requirements from product owners and in-house engineers.
- Validate customer reported defects and document defects identified by internal testing.
- Pair programming to write, test, debug and refactor test code.
- Review user documentation and tutorials.
- Demonstrate features to obtain direct user feedback.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Software Engineering, Information Technology or related software programming field, or 2 years’ software development experience.
- Experience/proficiency designing, implementing, debugging and testing computer code (C++ preferred).
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development cycle (modern source control such as Subversion/Git, build and packaging, unit/system/integration testing).
- Ability to effectively communicate technically complex information to others.
- Ability to collaborate well with technical and non-technical staff members.
- Due to federal requirements for this position, U.S. citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US! Take the next step and apply online at tai.hirescore.com
ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.