Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson
The Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson (DCHS) seeks a temporary part-time Hospital Supervisor to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This is great opportunity to gain healthcare experience for future positions!
The ideal person for this position is a dedicated healthcare professional that blends nursing and supervisory expertise. The Hospital Supervisor is responsible for staff, management and coordination of nursing services during scheduled shifts and in the absence of the Director, takes the lead position in supervising hospital employees during an assigned shift.
- Oversee activities of all departments on assigned shift and communicates problems, policy violations, incidents, work deficiencies, patient and/or physician issues. Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and labor agreements. Frequently makes rounds.
- Make decisions related to emergency preparedness situations. Determine necessity of securing law enforcement, fire, EMT, physicians or additional personnel. Represent hospital as spokesperson to the public and make administrative decisions.
- Manage daily staffing needs based on staffing plan, monitor attendance, supervise and direct work, perform employee appraisals, counsel employees as necessary, and document encounters.
- Assist in direct patient care when requested and able. Serve as a role model to staff, and a liaison between hospital departments, leaders, staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Participate on committees and act as chairperson when assigned. Attend nurse management meetings, provide staff training, and offer input in the formulation of nursing standards and policy.
- Monitor to ensure quality care is provided to each patient and implement changes necessary to improve patient care/services. Participate in Quality Management activities and complete employee, patient and visitor incident reports.
- Communicate regularly with VP regarding nursing activities (issues/concerns/unusual events), make recommendations for improvement; investigate and report complaints; maintains records.
WAGE. Starting pay of $34.60 – $50.17 per hour based on experience.
BENEFITS. For those working at least 6 months, you qualify for the following benefits: health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses, 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%); paid time off (sick, vacation); short and long-term disability; and life insurance.
If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), then you qualify for full-time benefits. Part-time positions earn benefits if working 16+ hours per week (or 32+ hours in a two week pay period).
SCHEDULE. This is a temporary, part-time position working weekends for the period August 2022 – February 2023. Shifts are 12 hours and as assigned (5:45am–5:45pm or 5:45pm–5:45am).
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certifications, or ability to obtain if hired for this position.
- Minimum of 3 years progressive nursing experience preferred.
- Strong supervisory skills with a proven track record of success in managing/coordinating nursing operations, daily staff requirements, and addressing employee issues/concerns/performance reviews.
- Knowledge of labor contracts and staff scheduling helpful.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members, patients and caregivers.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
Learn more about the organization at dchs.org
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.