Jubilant seeks a highly organized and motivated Talent Consultant to join their workforce remotely. As a Talent Consultant, you will support customers as the point person from Jubilant in driving the launch of UKGPro Ancillary products.
The ideal candidate is comfortable managing multiple projects as needed with conflicting priorities, has strong problem-solving skills, and is highly motivated to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally.
- Provide project leadership, management, and implementation services throughout the project lifecycle.
- Facilitate scope, time, cost, and quality of projects.
- Test, validate, and manage the transition to go-live and the turnover to UKG Software’s customer support team.
- Execute multiple UKG Pro Ancillary products as a subject matter expert.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders with differing needs and expectations and follow practices and processes for managing their expectations.
- Lead project team meetings and with intended results to meet company goals.
- Help team members establish open, collaborative relationships.
- Manage team members and necessary resources to achieve project objectives.
- Support sales and business development by attending prospective customer meetings and providing information for sales presentations and proposals.
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales and other internal team members.
- Utilize practitioner and project expertise to collaborate with leadership on continued development of business opportunities, resources, and tools.
- Support the company with external visibility and promotion within partner and local networking organizations.
COMPENSATION Jubilant puts excellent value in the Talent Consultant position by offering a highly competitive salary commensurate with knowledge and experience.
BENEFITS Jubilant offers an excellent full benefits program that is 97+% paid for by Jubilant for our team members and their families. This program includes Medical Insurance, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, long-term disability, 401k, four weeks of PTO, voluntary FSA/dependent care/short term disability, phone & internet stipend, Allowance for a home office, travel reimbursement, learning development & certification stipend.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Software/technology experience – implementation, system management, system administration, HCM/Payroll, or other types of dynamic business software.
- Ability to work remotely and come onsite for company events/meetings.
- Ability to travel via multiple means – air, car, public transportation.
- Ability to travel 30% – 35%.
- Experience in a technically oriented customer service organization.
- Proficient with MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote.
- Previous consulting experience and project/program/engagement management under a utilization and billable hours structure.
- Legal residence and ability to work in the United States.
- Comfortable working in an environment in which business processes, tools, etc. are still being defined.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and responsive with attention to detail.
- Business analyst, project management professional experience highly desired.
- Specific software exposure/experience a plus – UKG, Ceridian, ADP, Workday.
- Knowledge of UKG products a plus.
- Human resources/payroll/benefits discipline, HR or payroll practitioner, or both – industry/ professional certifications a plus.
- Industry Certifications from PMI (PMP), APA (FPC and CPP), and SHRM (PHR SPHR) a plus.
APPLY ONLINE at jubilant.hirescore.com
No phone calls or direct emails, please.
About Jubilant: Jubilant is an HCM/Payroll technology consulting firm based out of Ohio. Our mission is to perform a unique shadow discovery review of our client’s operational process to understand how to leverage technology to enable positive, impactful organizational change. We perform HR/Payroll system implementation consultation at the behest of our clients with a methodology that is built on more than 20 years of industry experience. We follow this methodology diligently to ensure that we truly understand our client’s challenges and goals, and we align and deliver solutions with the mindset of guaranteeing project success!
We have a family-based culture where candidates value a tight-knit culture and have a strong appreciation for dedication, authenticity, accountability, integrity, and work ethic.
Jubilant’s three guiding principles:
- Culture conscious – be thoughtful and supportive, transparent, and accountable. Be the type of person with whom you’d like to collaborate.
- Work smart – follow client-centric processes and use efficient tools that are proven to result in operational excellence.
- Be a worthy partner – project success is our number one priority. We will be flexible and do the right thing on behalf of our clients, partners, and team members, regardless of effort or cost.
Learn more at www.jubilanthr.com
Jubilant, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.